Thursday, June 10, 2010

Gus has a lump

I found a small lump on Gus the Giant Schnauzer Sunday.
He is at the vet now having it removed...looks like there is a fair chance it's cancer....won't know til next week.
He also tested positive for Lyme...which isn't a huge surprise with the ginormous tick population here.
And he hurt his shoulder yesterday playing with the dogs and is currently limpy.
No Mutt Dog Derby for Gus this weekend :(
It's a fundraiser for the Greyhounds and Animal Shelter...he was our best chance.

Say a little doggy prayer for Gus that all goes well and that the tests come back okay....if you have time add in something about the vet bill not being too high :)

1 comment:

  1. What a misfortune Tabitha.:( I know you experienced the same thing with Waylon, and it will not be easy to stay positive but don't give up hope. That all may turn out for the best!

    You can count on a lot of doggy prayers from me for Gus and I hope that the vet will be mild with his bill. By the way about the vet bills: not so long ago I read about Animal Health Insurance in the US. Is this not something to think about? Of course I don't know how much it costs but if you want to know more about it see here: http://upwithpets.blogspot.com/2010/04/is-pet-insurance-worth-it.html.
    She's a follower of my blog.

    Give Gus a very warm hug from me!
    Take care

    ReplyDelete