Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sammy found his "Way Home"

Woohoo!!
After half a year at out house and absolutely no inquiries until 2 weeks ago Sammy has finally been adopted!
He went to meet his new family this past weekend and my husband said he took to his new mom/owner right away. I try not to every be there for the changing of homes because I tend to want to cry.
The woman who adopted him seems very nice and patient and is willing to give him time to warm up. He will be living on a goat farm in the country and is expected to help out around the farm, keeping away pests and trouble. It is a dream home for Sammy and fairly similar to his life here so it should be a smooth transition.
I have report that he's doing well and it looks like their other little adopted terrier and him will be good friends. Other than the ducks trying to steal his food....life is looking pretty good.
Yay!
Whenever I think we'll have a dog forever I'm reminded that there is always the right home out there somewhere.

2 comments:

  1. What a good news. I'm happy for you both!
    Ha ha, that's good: “other than the ducks trying to steal his food”. LOL.
    He will not bore himself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice blog you have. Good for Sammy!

    ReplyDelete