Friday, October 30, 2009

Bath day for the puppies! 5 weeks old

Today was the first time we gave the puppies a (much needed) bath.

All cuddled up!






This is the little girl I love to take pictures of...I'm calling her Pansy for now. She acts (and kind of looks) like a little fru-fru dog--shivery and shy, but so cute!

"May I get out now pretty please?"


Keeping warm



Little man in action.




The older girls were outside and Abriella was having a FANTASTIC time with the puppies all to herself--she was so funny to watch. She was following them around and, I believe, telling them what to do.





She thinks she's a puppy too it seems.






It drives me nuts when my husband stick her in this hodge podge outfit. He puts her in it every time he gets a chance...I think it might disappear!
















Right now I'm pretty certain they are mixed Beagle/Terrier/English Springer Spaniel.
Their tails kind of come up over their back though-throws me for a loop...any thoughts on other breeds?









Momma.










Settling in for nap time. They smell so good, like fields of lavender (though I have never actually smelled a field of lavender, I imagine it's similar to the puppies after their lavender baths).









Some video clips of the puppies.

#1 Curious puppy
#2 Playtime (the slapping sound is me hitting the floor with my hand)
#3 Abriella in her lovely outfit playing with the puppies
#4 Hoping my daughter doesn't develop an interest in the dog fighting circuit










5 comments:

  1. Tab.. the puppies are so cute.. if they weren't so much work I would take one. :) -Abbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are just too cute! You can't go wrong with lovely animals & adorable kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh ab--i'll give you the "no work" puppy :)

    thanks for the comment yours faithfully!
    i agree--it's hard to take bad pictures of kids and puppies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I didn't know about this blog, until now. Those puppies are adorable! How do you do it all Tabitha? We'd love to get a dog but I've been so hesitant because I'm worried I wouldn't be able to handle 3 kids and a dog. But you have 3 kids and all those puppies! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh everyone needs a dog Janae! :)
    We currently have 13 dogs under our care (not counting the neighbor dog).

    you can handle anything--1 little dog would be nothing, lol

    ReplyDelete